Network Switch 8 Port | LN-119
Create a wired home network with this network switch with 8 Fast Ethernet Ports
- Wired speed: up to 100 Mbps
- 8 Fast Ethernet Ports: connect up to 8 devices
- Fully Plug and Play: no installation or configuration necessary
- Green technology: saves up to 70% of power through stand-by mode, cable length detection and smart traffic routing to active ports only
Also useful:€ 39,99
What is the difference between a switch and a router?
With a router you can create a wired or wireless network to share internet, devices and data. A router has a limited amount of network ports to which you can connect network devices. Connect a switch to your router in order to expand the number of network connections.
Can I combine a Fast Ethernet switch with a Gigabit router?
If you want to benefit from optimal performance throughout your network, then we recommend using both a gigabit switch as well as a gigabit router. Otherwise the speed between the two is limited to only 100 Mbps.
How does the power saving functionality work?
With Sitecom switches you can save up to 70% of the energy consumption:
- No traffic is routed to inactive ports to save power
- Automatically switches to standby when the connected device is turned off
- Cable length detection: identifies the distance to the connected devices and adjusts the power use
What is the difference between Fast Ethernet and Gigabit?
Fast Ethernet switches offer a wired speed up to 100 Mbps and Gigabit switches offer a wired speed up to 1000 Mbps.